Currently, SMS services are used only for communication. Popular cloud-based voice over IP and instant messaging applications like Telegram, IMO and WhatsApp have replaced it.
These apps allow you to not only send a text message but also share multimedia files such as videos, images, and pdf files.
WhatsApp is one of the most widely-used cloud-based instant messaging applications.
Today, I will be focusing on WhatsApp groups and will give you quick tips to permanently delete WhatsApp groups.
So, let us start.
How to Delete WhatsApp Group Permanently
WhatsApp was my first experience with the app four years ago. I fell in love with its simplicity and ease-of-use features.
It was addictive, and I spent a lot of time chatting with old friends. WhatsApp added a new feature called WhatsApp group to make it even more appealing.
The group feature allowed users to chat with multiple friends at once. To use this feature, you must create a WhatsApp group and be an administrator. Only then can you invite friends to join the group to chat.
What Made Me Decide To Delete WhatsApp Group
It was thrilling to be a group administrator at the beginning, but it soon becomes difficult to keep the group clean due to the unwelcome chat and off-topic discussion that is being conducted by group members.
I was so shocked, I decided to permanently delete my WhatsApp group.
This tutorial will show you how to permanently delete and exit WhatsApp groups as both an administrator and participant.
Let’s now look in detail at how to permanently delete WhatsApp groups and how to remove any participant from any WhatsApp group.
How to Delete Whatsapp Group Permanently as an Admin
You can’t delete a WhatsApp group unless you are an administrator.
To delete a WhatsApp Group, first delete all participants. Only then can you exit the group and delete it.
Let’s now look at the steps involved in deleting a WhatsApp group admin from a desktop or smartphone.
As An Administrator, Delete Whatsapp Group from Computer/Desktop
- Open WhatsApp first, then select the group that you wish to delete.
- Click on the “GROUP NAME” button at the top of your screen.
- Scroll down to see the list of participants in your group.
- You can remove it one at a time by clicking on the down arrow key beside “Participants”.
How to Remove an Admin Group from Whatsapp
- To permanently leave the WhatsApp group, click on the “Exit Group ” button.
- How to get out of Whatsapp Group as an AdministratorPop up will appear immediately with 2 options: “Cancel” and “Exit”.
- To exit the group permanently, click “Exit”.
- Finally, you’ll be able to delete the group.
- To permanently delete the group, click on the “delete” button.
How to Remove Whatsapp Groups as Admin
You have now seen how to delete a WhatsApp group on a computer. Let’s now see how to permanently delete a WhatsApp Group from an Android Smartphone.
As an administrator, delete Whatsapp Group from Android Smartphone
Follow the above steps to delete WhatsApp groups from Android smartphones. Next, go through the following steps.
- Tap on the participant to see a popup. Click the button to remove the participant.
- After clicking “remove participant”, a popup will appear advising you how to remove the participant from the group. Click “OK”.
- After all participants have been removed from the group, tap the “exit” button.
- Then you’ll see a pop-up with options for your smartphones.
- These options are “Mute INSTEAD”, CANCEL, and EXIT.
- To permanently delete a WhatsApp group, hit “EXIT” then click “DELETE GROUP”.
These are the steps to take to permanently delete your WhatsApp group.
If you are a participant but do not wish to join the group, you can follow the below steps.
You Can use WhatsApp on Your Android Phone to Send Messages.
- Click on the group chat box, then tap the group name.
- Scroll down to see the “EXIT GROUP” button.
- To exit the group, click on the “exit” button and then click the “EXIT” button.
Final Thoughts on How to Delete WhatsApp group
You now know how to delete WhatsApp groups on both android and web phones. The steps for other smartphones, such as the apple and windows, are nearly identical. Follow the steps I have provided for both iPhone and Windows.
You can decide to stop participating in the group or to leave the group by following the steps above.
This tutorial on how you can delete WhatsApp groups was created to give you the most current and accurate information about how to delete WhatsApp groups as both an administrator and participant. You can also leave any additional information about WhatsApp in the comments box.
Images Source : https://www.guidingtech.com