No more waiting in long lines to buy your train tickets. You can now do this from the comfort of your own home. Paytm allows us to book train tickets. This guide will help you book your train tickets via Paytm. Booking your train tickets in advance can help you save time. Follow these steps to book your train ticket with Paytm.
How To Book Train Tickets With Paytm
- Open the Paytm app. First, on your Android device, you’ll see a white icon that has Paytm written across it. This icon is the Paytm trademark. To open the Paytm app, tap on it.
- On the Paytm app, you’ll see a “Train Tickets” option. It will have a train logo. To book train tickets, just tap on the option. Tap on “Train Tickets”.
- Then tap on the origin town. To search for trains, we will need to enter that city. To search for the city of origin, tap on the box. Paytm app allows you to book train tickets according to the city.
- Enter the name by tapping on the box. You will be able to get suggestions when you start typing the city name.
- Type the name for your Station or origin. If you want to depart from Satna, just type Satna into the box. You will be presented with options from which to choose and then you can choose the right one.
- To enter the destination, tap on the second box. Then in the same manner enter the city name there.
- Tap on the Destination Box. Simply tap on the box and enter the name of the destination city. You will see different options as soon as you start typing the name.
- For example, if Faizabad is what you are looking for, you can start typing Faizabad. You will be presented with a list of options and choose the correct answer as soon as you type F. Then proceed further.
- Tap on the date to select the date. To do this, tap on the calendar located just below the date.
- Select the date. A calendar pops up from which you can select the date that you want to travel. Simply tap on the date that you wish to travel and the exact date will appear.
- After filling in all details about your journey, and making sure that everything is correct, you can now click on the “search train” button at the bottom.
- Select the train and class you want. There will be many trains along this route. You will need to choose the right train for you, and then you’ll also need to choose the class. There are many types of classes in Trains, such as 2Ac, 3AC and so on. Click on the class that you want to travel in.
- Click on the date that you want to book tickets for. You can then select the date based on availability. Tap on the right side to book the ticket.
- To complete the transaction, enter your IRCTC ID. After choosing the train and the date, you will need to enter your IRCTC user ID and then proceed further.
- Click on Proceed after entering your user ID and verifying it is correct. Just next to the User ID box, tap on the Proceed button. Keep your ID card handy when entering the information.
- Add the Traveller Information. After logging in to the IRCTC account, we will need to enter the traveler information. The full name of the person who will be traveling on the ticket must be entered. You must include the full name of the traveler according to their ID. You may need an ID such as an Aadhaar card, PAN or another.
- Then enter the Age of the Traveler. In the box, enter the traveler’s age. This information must be entered correctly and with a valid ID.
- You can choose the berth. Tap on the box to select the berth that you prefer.
- Select from the available options. There are many options for choosing the berth, such as the Lower berth or Middle berth. Select the option you prefer.
- Include the contact information of the traveler and fill it when asked.
- Enter your Contact Information. Enter the number of your mobile phone on which you would like to receive updates about your journey. Enter the correct number. All information, such as Ticket, PNR number and delays, will be sent to that number.
- If you would like to print the ticket, please enter your email address. The email will contain updates about the trip.
- Tap on “Proceed To Book”. Once you have provided all necessary information about your trip and the traveler, you can now click on the “Proceed To Book” button at the bottom. Check the box “I agree with the Cancellation and Refund Policy”.
- After that tap on the “Proceed To Pay” button. Review all details regarding your Train, including the departure and arrival times. Once you have verified all details, click on “Proceed To Pay”.
- Select your payment option. You have a variety of payment options available. Just tap the option that you want to pay with. You should always have your card on you. You will need to enter your card credentials during this step.
- Enter your card number in the box provided. You will need to enter your card number correctly if you want to pay the amount.
- Enter the expiry day in the format MM/YY, enter your expiry dates. Paytm is a trusted platform so it’s safe to log in.
- The back of your card will have your CVV number. Enter the three-digit CVV number in the box provided. Your CVV number should not be shared with anyone.
- Now, we can tap on “Pay securely” at the bottom.
- A One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent via your registered mobile number. You must enter it in the box provided.
- Tap on Submit. After entering your OTP code, you can click on the Submit button.
- You will receive this message after you have successfully paid and your train ticket has been booked. Paytm will send you a series SMS about your PNR number, and other information.
You will receive a copy of your ticket via registered email. This ticket can be printed out and carried with you while on the road. While traveling, make sure to have your ID card. It’s easy to book train tickets via Paytm. You can also consult our other guides about Paytm if you have questions or doubts regarding the Paytm app.
Image Source: https://www.sirhow.com